The Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology (CTLT) will provide leadership and expertise in pedagogy and technology in support of teaching and learning at Brandon University. The establishment of a Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology is in keeping with the University's Strategic Plan (BUILD 2010) and overall mandate. The Centre will provide leadership in the development of student-centered, evidence-based approaches to teaching within Brandon University.
The CTLT will enhance the practice, culture, and scholarship of teaching and learning by:
- promoting effective teaching; including support for creative pedagogical practices, curriculum development, and evaluation
- providing regular and focused faculty development activities
- providing guidance and support for the adoption and use of instructional technologies.
Services of the Centre:
The CTLT will initially provide activities and resources to the University community which include: establishing helpful website links and resources;
- planning and implementing faculty development activities;
- organizing presentations/workshops on teaching/learning/technology topics;
- coordinate a faculty mentoring program;
- encouraging the scholarship of teaching and learning;
- providing support for instructors engaged in distance delivery; and
- compiling and sharing course/curriculum development information and new faculty resources.